Get started guide for schools
Welcome to Soundation Education!
Let's go through the basics of managing your accounts and projects. The person signing up will become the owner of the account and will get a 30-day free trial on registration.
On the Account page, the owner is able to:
- 1Add the number of teacher seats you need.
- 2Click Buy to enter card details, or PayPal account.
Card and Paypal payments are processed when the trial has ended. You will not be charged when the trial ends unless you have entered your payment information.
Getting started tutorial
This video covers everything you need to know to get up and running with your classes.
How to add teachers to your account
- 1Go to "Users" in the Dashboard
- 2Click "Invite teachers"
- 3Enter their emails or copy the invite link
The invited teacher will be able to create an account which is tied to your organization.
How to add students to your classes
- 1Create a new class under "Classes"
- 2Give it a name
- 3Inside the class, click "Invite" in the top-right corner
- 4Enter their emails or copy the invite link
If you have your students in Google Classroom, see the question below.
How to import classes from Google Classroom
- 1Go to "Classes" in the Dashboard
- 2Click "Import from Google Classroom"
- 3Allow access to your Google account
- 4Select the class you wish to import
- 5Click "Import from Google Classroom"
The email addresses of your students will be automatically linked to their Soundation accounts.
How to create assignments
- 1Create a project
- 2Go back to the dashboard, click the three dots next to it and choose "Convert to template"
- 3In the same menu, select "Move to class" and pick the class you want to share it to
You can also create a project and share a template link with your students via the Share button at the upper right of the studio.
How students report their assignments
Student projects are shared with their teacher by default. Teachers will find projects in their Dashboard under the class they're assigned to as soon as it is created. Students can also share a play-only link via the Share button at the upper right of the studio.
How to collaborate
Users can invite collaborators to a project via the Share button at the upper right of the studio, either by entering their username or their email address. If the invited user can’t receive emails from Soundation, share the link via other media.